Luke is a handy development and diagnostic tool, which accesses already existing indexes, it help us to analyse search result, Document and optimize the indexes
- First we need to Download Java and install and for detail instruction refer to this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/internet-explorer/install-java#ie=ie-1
- Download Luke file https://code.google.com/archive/p/luke/downloads
- Changed the Zip file to Jar, Double click and run the JAR File.
- If you get the below error
Invalid directory at the location, check console for more information. Last exception:
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFormatTooNewException: Format version is not supported (resource: ChecksumIndexInput(MMapIndexInput(path=”/home/lavin/sep20.index/segments_2″))): 1 (needs to be between 0 and 0)
- Download the latest Luke from the below link..https://github.com/DmitryKey/luke/releases/tag/4.6.0
- Add the below line in Solrconfig.xml file which under “solr\sitecore_****_index\conf” folder.<requestHandler class=”solr.admin.LukeRequestHandler” name=”/admin/luke”/>
- Run the Jar file and File-> Open Lucene Index. Give the full folder path like below. C:\Bitnami\solr-5.5.0-1\apache-solr\solr\sitecore_web_index\data\index
- Search for the Sample Template, as described in the Image below.